If you need an item the Helen Plum Library doesn’t own, we will try to get it for you from another library. All you need is a current Helen Plum Library card.
There are three ways you can request an item:
1. Call the Adult Services or Youth Services Departments.
2. Stop by the Adult Services or Youth Services Desks in person.
3. Order directly through the library’s catalog.
• Go to http://hpl.plum.lib.il.us/ or click on "Search Catalog."
• Click on the “Interlibrary Loan” tab
• Click on “WorldCat ILL”
• Authenticate (name, library card number and PIN)
• Search by title, author or keyword
• Click on the specific item you want to request
• Click on the "ILL" icon that appears above the item on the left side of the page
* ICON WILL NOT APPEAR IF PLUM LIBRARY OWNS THE ITEM*
• Fill out the form
• Click on “Submit”
You will see the message: "Your resource sharing request was sent successfully."
NOTE: The interlibrary loan option is not available if the item is owned by the Helen Plum Library. The ILL icon does not appear on the screen. Go through the Helen Plum Library catalog to request the desired item.
Interlibrary loan requests are limited to four items per week per cardholder.
The library will contact you when your item has arrived for pick-up.